- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
- 8 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, grated, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Toss brussel sprouts in olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place them in a large baking dish and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until semi-softened.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder and red pepper flakes (if using), then stir in cheeses.
Remove brussel sprouts from oven and add 3/4 bacon to the baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over the top and stir everything together, then top with remaining bacon.
Reduce oven temperature to 350º, return baking dish to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and just set.
Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Source : allrecipes,com