- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ¼ cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring butter, 3/4 cup Almond Breeze almondmilk, broth, rice, and seasonings to a simmer in a large saucepan. Top with chicken and onion. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and quickly add broccoli to pot. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining Almond Breeze almondmilk, then gently stir in cheese. Cook over low heat just until cheese is melted, being careful not to overcook. Season with pepper.