A simple recipe for Homemade Apple Butter that you can make in the slow cooker. Use as a spread, a syrup or in your fall recipes! It’s one of the best apple recipes to make during the fall!
I really don’t know what to say about this Homemade Apple Butter besides it’s really easy and it is unbelievably good. It’s one of those things that you take a spoonful of and say, “This could go in soooo many recipes!”
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPLE SAUCE AND APPLE BUTTER?
Both apple butter and apple sauce are slow cooked apples and spices. Apple butter is cooked longer than apple sauce which creates a thick, smooth, intense apple flavored spread.
HOW TO MAKE APPLE BUTTER
To make homemade apple butter, all you have to do is stick some apples in a crock pot with brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and a dash of salt. Let it sit there all day, stirring occasionally, and BOOM! Apple Butter. It’s really that easy.
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH APPLE BUTTER?
My first bite reminded me of applesauce with a bit of tang to it. I love how when I put this homemade apple butter on a piece of white, fluffy bread, it completely changes the flavor! Instant, fall-flavored bread. You can put it in muffins & biscuits.
PERFECT TO SLATHER ON HOME MADE BISCUITS OR TOAST! A SWEET TREAT THAT TASTES DELICIOUS AND GREAT FOR GIFTING AS WELL!
I love this crockpot apple butter, its is so easy to make and turns out perfect every time!! Great for gifts as well if you make extra! You can freeze these for later use.
Crock Pot Apple Butter
* 3 lbs apples make sure 1/2 are Granny Smith
* 3 cups sugar
* 2 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp allspice
* 1/2 tsp cloves
* 3/4 cup water or fresh apple cider
1. Fill Crock-pot 3/4 full with peeled, cored and sliced apples.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
3. Cover and cook on low setting overnight or until the butter is of a thick, spreadable consistency.
4. If apple butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until thickened.
5. Stir often as butter thickens to prevent scorching.
6. Mash Apple Butter until chunky or smooth with hand held masher or blender
7. Store in refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Freeze for longer storage with a little space at the top.