- Nutty Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (Can roll with rolling pin or use food processor until finely ground)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (Could use quick-cooking oats)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons, melted
- Combine all ingredients and press into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cream Cheese Filling (This is like the cherry cream cheese pie filling we have all made before)
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients and mix on high for 3 or 4 minutes. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Fresh Blueberry Topping
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (you could use frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine all topping ingredients except lemon juice and bring to boil on top of the stove stirring constantly so as not to burn. Cook for 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from stove, stir in lemon juice and let cool. Pour over cheesecake after it has been refrigerated for 3 hours.
Keep this cheesecake refrigerated. Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Enjoy! Note: You could use any fresh fruit with this recipe such as strawberries or blackberries.