I am a massive lover of hamburger soup. This soup is something that my mother and her mother and probably her mother have been making for years and years. I love this generational recipe but recently, my husband and I decided that we would start eating healthier. This means that we are cutting back on sugar, carbs, and starchy foods. Now, don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with white potatoes, but sometimes you need to cut back on them because they do pile on those crazy carbs.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large package fRozen mixed vegetables
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 rutabaga, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 1 large can of Heinz tomato juice
- 1 cup of College Inn low-sodium beef broth
Break up your ground beef and place on the bottom of the Crock Pot.
Add all your vegetables.
Add the can of tomato juice.
Add the cup of beef broth.
Set on high for 5-7 hours.
Source : allrecipes.com