- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c butter softened (no substituting)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 c sugar
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice (I use bottled)
- 1/2 c butter (softened)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 Tbsp cold water
1. Mix crust ingredients with fork as you would for a pie crust. Pat into a 9×13 pan which has been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. As crust is baking, mix filling.
3. After crust has baked for 15 minutes pour filling over crust and continue baking for 25 minutes. Cool bars completely.
4. Make frosting by beating butter, powdered sugar and milk for 6 to 8 minutes on high speed. Then add 2 tbsp cold water one at a time. Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled bars.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!