So you don’t like to cook? Or you just don’t have time to prepare a meal each night? Maybe you just come home from work exhausted, and it take every ounce of your remaining energy to just get your kids to do their homework and take baths…forget about even dreaming of slaving over a hot stove!
Well guess what? If you can open a can, then YOU can pull together this dinner. And it only requires about 5 MINUTES! We can all find that much time in our schedule, right?
An easy Mexican dinner for just 300 calories per serving. You can even assemble it ahead of time, refrigerate, then bake just before serving!
- 1 bag (11 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen corn & black beans with brown rice in a Southwestern style sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely shredded 2% milk reduced-fat Mexican style cheese blend (3 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate or shallow small casserole with cooking spray. Cook rice mixture as directed on bag for minimum time. In large bowl, mix chicken, rice mixture and enchilada sauce. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the cilantro and bell pepper. Spoon into pie plate.
2 Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomato and remaining green onions.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
Dietary Fiber 2g