Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition ’cause it’s loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!
What You’ll Need
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallion
What to Do
In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.