Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Carne Asada Tacos take your classic beef taco flavors to the next level and it takes just five minutes of prep work with a spicy citrus marinade.
- 1½ lbs. flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 bottle (24.5 oz.) Mojo Criollo
- ½ white onion, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, one juiced (about 2 tbsp.), the other cut into wedges
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Corn Oil
- 12 Corn Tortillas
1. Cut steak into ½” pieces; transfer to a large non-metallic bowl or deep dish. Pour Mojo over steak, making sure all pieces are completely submerged; cover and transfer to the refrigerator. Marinate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Bring steak to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking; drain and discard marinade.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together white onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt until combined; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Using a paper towel, pat steak dry. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, making sure not to crowd the pan; cook in batches, flipping occasionally, until dark golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per batch; transfer to serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Heat a large griddle, cast-iron skillet, or another heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough tortillas to cover the surface of the griddle; leaving some space between each tortilla. Cook, flipping once, until very lightly charred, warmed through, and pliable, about 30 seconds per batch; transfer tortillas to tortilla holder, a foil packet, or clean dish towel to keep warm.
5. To assemble tacos, fill the tortilla with meat; garnish with reserved onion-cilantro mixture. Drizzle with taco sauce, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.