Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal? This one-pan pasta is healthy and flavorful and cooked up and served all from one pan. It’s sure to become a favorite in your weeknight round-up
What exactly is one-pan pasta? Imagine cooking up a complete pasta meal and serving it at the table, all from the same pan!
Sounds too good to be true, right?
But it’s not!
Perfectly cooked pasta mixed with shrimp, spinach and garlic in a tasty sauce…all cooked in one pan with no need to drain off any liquid!
There is no big pot of water, no waiting for the water to boil before adding the pasta…yada yada yada..that all adds time and fuss!
With this method, you can have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. What’s not to love about that?
It all starts with sauteeing the garlic in some oil before adding the shrimp, which cooks up in no time. Remove the garlic and shrimp and add in all the liquid ingredients and pasta and let it get cooking! Once the liquid is reduced by approximately half, it’s time to add the shrimp and garlic back to the pan for a couple minutes before tossing in the spinach leaves for a quick wilt.
Let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- 1lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 C Fresh Chopped Spinach, Kale or Arugula (do not use frozen)
- 1 C Mozzarella or Swiss Cheese
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp Salt, Pepper & Garlic Salt
- 8 C Water
- 2 T Butter
- 1 T Oil
1. Make pasta according to pkg. Last 5 mins of cooking add your shrimp to pasta water. Cook until no longer pink. Drain all but 1 C of water for next step. Keep pasta and shrimp warm.
2. In a pan add oil & butter over Med heat. When butter melts add, pasta to pan. Toss to coat. Season. Cook for 2 mins, stirring often.
3. Next, add spinach, cook for 1 min until wilted (add ⅓ cup more water here if necessary to steam/cook spinach) Last add shrimp and cheese. Stir gently until cheese melts. Do not overcook. Add more seasonings to taste. Garnish with dried cilantro.
Enjoy… And please share.